Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The First Letters from Camp

Victoria left for Rawhide Ranch horseback riding camp on Sunday. She and her cousins Avianna and Jonathon were all ridiculously excited, giddy really, to go. Victoria and Avi went last year, but this was a first for Jon-Jon.

Today I received my first letters from Victoria. Let me give you some background. Last year, I only received one letter from my daughter. She was just too busy to write. In an effort to encourage more this year, I decided to help her with a plan. I didn't want her to feel too overwhelmed to write, so I used a ritual from home to help her organize super quick notes. Each night our family shares their best and worst parts of the day. I stole it from the Furnish family years ago, and now even Justice looks forward to it. I suggested to Victoria that she might just write a quick best part/worst part note and drop it in the mail. I have been using the same format in my letters to her. It must have helped because today I got not one, but two letters from my baby girl!

I really love both of my notes! I really really love that my little trick to get her to write worked! I really really really hope there is another in the mail tomorrow. I really really really really miss her!

2 comments:

  1. excellent! And does the camp still have email?
    Next year: self addressed stamped postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I will have to dig up the letter that Jess sent me from 6th grade camp. Cole and Kar loved it but Jess.... not so much. Lets just say that when I read her note I wanted to go pick her up right then! I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete