Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Last Night as a 3 Year-Old and First Day as a Four Year-Old

It really happened! My baby boy turned 4. I was in denial about it, he seems so young (not to mention little), but it really happened. As is our family ritual, he held up his three fingers before he went to bed on the night before his birthday...


...and then held up four fingers when he woke up, or sort of woke up on his birthday.


Sometime during the night, he'd snuck into my bed.


After we woke him up, despite still being half-asleep, he was anxious for his first year experiencing another family birthday tradition...breakfast in bed (or my bed). He requested Lucky Charms (because he doesn't normally get to eat sugar-cereal), bananas, and apple juice.


After that, he got to open the traditional single present. He chose the one Baby Amber had sent from Seattle.


Since his birthday party was going to be pirate themed, Amber got him the coolest pirate ship!


It was an exciting morning, but the party later in the day was REALLY fun!!! More posts coming soon...

7 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!!!!
    Love, SIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Justice - I love the whole "holding up the fingers" thing. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta look at these at your house. My computer won't let me see all of them!!!! The ones I did see.... sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the best pirate ship ever. Brady has the same one. Hours and hours of fun. If you ever find additional pirates that go with it let me know. A four year old boy can't possibly have enough pirates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what happened to my comment:
    Anyway, I love how peppy he looks with 3 fingers and how groggy he looks with 4.

    Too cute

    ReplyDelete