Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Stories from Long Ago that Julie N. Says I Must Share, Volume I: "Today I bite just one more kid."

Justice was pretty passive as an infant. Enough so that his child care provider was encouraging him to stand up for himself more with the other kids. However, a couple of months ago, he bit a child after that child grabbed a toy away and wouldn't let go. He had a time-out during the day, and of course we had a serious talk when I picked him up. Since he was almost 3 at the time (WAY too old to bite) I thought that was the end of it. However, about two weeks later I went to pick him up and before I could even speak to Mrs. Julie, he said, "Hi Mommy," and then, while holding up his index finger he said, "Today I bite just one more kid. I bite Emerson." He totally ratted himself out and in doing so, lost his right to wear his Super Why costume and watch Super Why on Mommy's bed. He did not bite again.

Julie N. said this was a story that needed to be told. I hope you agree.

2 comments:

  1. I love it... give me more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bite.....just one more kid.....hahahah. Now tell the "I just throw it away story."

    ReplyDelete