Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Snow, 2010

The Karr Kids and I made it to Big Bear twice this winter.


The first trip was just a turn-around for a day of "vacant lot" sledding with the Hahn Family. Jonathon and Victoria are NUTS!



Justice was his characteristically crazy self, so I was cautious enough for the both of us. Luckily, he enjoyed himself even when on fairly flat, very slow-moving snow.
Our second trip was the annual ski "vacation". This time, though, both kids tried snowboarding. It was Justice's first attempt, Victoria's second. She was successful, he was not. However, he did great at skiing. My baby boy actually road up the ski lift. And got down. Imagine that, he's already better than I.

He seemed to pick up on it fairly quickly, and really enjoyed skiing down the bunny slopes.

His laziness showed its head now and then...especially any time he fell down. He epitomized the saying, "I've fallen, and I can't get up."


As expected, despite his love of skiing, Justice was happiest tossing a bit of snow in my face or "camping out" at the lodge for a snack.

Avianna and Victoria make this trip every year and have been skiing since they were four. We were glad that Jonathon joined this trip. It's so strange when I think about how they have grown up. I am thinking skiing is a thing of the past and snowboarding is here to stay. Good thing my baby boy is still little and will hang out on the bunny slopes with me!


1 comment:

  1. I love these photos! I remember some of them from photo class! So good!

    ReplyDelete