Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Time when Victoria's Teacher Inadvertently Made Me Feel Guilty and So...I Blogged!

Okay, so he didn't do anything but mention that he'd looked at my blog. But when he did, I realized it had been 6 months since my last post. And so, it is time to blog again!

The Fifth Grade Talent Show:

Victoria has been taking voice lessons for quite awhile now. Although she loves to sing, she has always been a bit uncomfortable performing alone. She worked really hard with her voice coach, Ms. Jackie (whom we adore!) on the song Ever Ever After from the movie Enchanted. Despite all of her hard work, Victoria, who is typically VERY HEALTHY, came down with a terrible cold/cough/bronchitis-y thing the week before the show. She gave her voice a rest, took hot tea to school in a thermos each day, was allowed to drink that tea in class by her always understanding teacher, and did her best to heal. By the night of the show, she sounded a lot better. We were nervous, though, about how she'd do with those difficult, high notes. Nevertheless, the show went on.



It was by no means her best performance, but I was so proud of how hard she'd worked to get there, how responsible she'd been as she tried to make herself well, and how brave she was to go through with it. That's my girl!!!


And by the way, my fellow bloggin' peeps, I have not foresaken you! Whenever I've been a blog-writing slacker, I feel guilty reading yours. Now that I have a new post, I can't wait to catch up on all of yours.

2 comments:

  1. Cute again...
    Love, JLo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some talent shows! I think I'm a groupie by now! She was so good that night!

    ReplyDelete