Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Surprise 5th Birthday Pool Party

So after a day of fun, Justice was surprised by a fun pool party at our house. Mainly it was his family, the Furndawg Fam, and the Laker Girls. I wish I had photos of him literally jumping out of his skin when they surprised him. But trust me when I say he was SHOCKED, PETRIFIED, and THRILLED...all at the same time.

Of course yesterday was the first day of summer. Not officially, but if you read the thermometer, the triple digits told you it was so. That meant the party was either inside in the air conditioned family room, or out in the pool. The kids picked the pool. Justice thought he was so cool hangin' with the big kids...CANNONBALL!!!



Next, it was present time. For the first time ever, he was totally engaged the whole time. He was excited and appreciative and adorable. And if you look carefully, you can sense a theme in his gifts.

A Buzz Lightyear Costume...


A Bucket of Soldiers...


A Buzz Lightyear backpack for kindergarten...


And Buzz Lightyear motorized wings... hmmmmmm.  I dunno, maybe Toy Story.  I love this picture.  THIS is my boy.


Finally, the cake:  When we decided that going to see Toy Story 3 at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood would be his birthday celebration rather than having a party(which we obviously did, too), Justice said, "But what about cake?  Do I still get cake?"

Of course you do, Baby Boy.  Happy 5th Birthday!  I love you the most, my Justice Aaron Karr!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like he had a blast, were really sorry we couldn't make it. Let his know I did not forget about his Astro Blaster!!!
    xoxo auntie becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna you're amazing. Great birthday day for him! Love the buzz lightyear wings thingys lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Love Love his Buzz Lightyear face!

    ReplyDelete