Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Movie!!!

Anyone who has spoken to me for any length of time over the past three weeks knows that I have been reading the Twilight series of books and am absolutely obsessed. I quickly read through the first three books and am actually dragging the last one out because I don't want to finish. Today, I had a girls' day out with Jackie, Jennifer, Patricia, Shelley, and Debi (the mother of one of my current students). I got my nails done, met them for drinks and appetizers, and then watched the movie, which by the way, I thought was fantastic, even in it's cornier parts. Before this big day, I ordered a t-shirt to wear for the momentous occassion.
Most fans of the series are "in love with" (for lack of a better term) the main male character Edward, who incidentally is a vampire. Some others are drawn toward one of the other characters, Jacob, who happens to be a werewolf. I, on the other hand, am torn between the two and found just the right shirt to represent.
My friend, Carrie, is a devout member of Team Edward and is morally opposed to being a member of both teams. She insists one must choose. But I disagree, and believe the back of my shirt tells it all:
If you thought this series was just for teenagers, you were so wrong. I am loving me some Twilight! Can't wait for the movie about book two, New Moon, to come out. Maybe by that time I will have convinced Carrie to join my team!

8 comments:

  1. Just had to say, Damn woman! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Team Edward here - Jacob has a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I got to his purpose AND...I STILL love him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Team Emmett...he's so hot! End of discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Jen. He's hot, especially when riding on top of the truck! Do you think I will be able to find a shirt that says Team Edward & Team Jacob & Team Emmett & (for that matter) Team Alice???? Good thing I can handle an XL shirt as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You people are weird....but I am going to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes...if I had to choose, I'd pick Team Emmett and Team Alice! I heart her! And Jackie...next movie...I want to sit next to you. I hear you had some super fun comments during the movie. I think I was thinking the same things. But...I still love me the books!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You gotta deal! But... don't tell Jenna. She didn't like my comments! It's our secret!

    ReplyDelete