Sunday, February 15, 2009

The World's Best Valentines

I have two Valentines, and can I just tell you that makes me the luckiest mommy in the world.


My daughter realized on Friday night that no one had taken her shopping for my Valentine's Day gifts. She asked me to go to bed early so she could prepare my V-Day surprises. I was exhausted and gladly obliged. While I slept, she did this to my closet door:



She also surrounded me with all of her Valentine's Day themed stuffed animals from years past. I woke up with teddy bears and heart pillows and flowers all around my head and the decorated closet doors in front of me. It was so sweet!


For dinner, I let my "Valentines" have whatever they wanted. They chose to have hot dogs-yum :-( , corn, and maccaroni and cheese. The stipulation was that they wanted to use food coloring to dye the corn and pasta pink. It turned out...well...interesting, to say the least:


As I cooked, Victoria decorated the dining room table for the special meal. It took her about three minutes and was absolutely beautiful!



I don't think Justice understood the day at all. But he must have liked all the kissin' he was getting. As much as I teased about not having a Valentine, it turned out to be a wonderful day, full of love!

6 comments:

  1. That'w way better than any Valentine shopping could be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the best Valentines EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special child Victoria is! I can see her ending world hunger and bringing peace to the Mideast just because she's so thoughtful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete